Tuesday, May 8, 2007

the earlier, funnier movies...






another post; thought i'd resort to my usual default of "when you can't think of anything to say - do drawings!" still rolling in the warm swell of 'spidey 3' attention. as storyboard artist the groundswell of congrats & smiles is nice, but with the added credit of 'second unit director' - people look at you twice & actually want to listen to my self-effacing mumblings. though people in general still don't know what either job actually is....

5 comments:

TLE said...

hey dave-
glad spiderman did / is doing so well. talk soon

Dan said...

I've been fumbling for a way to ask to see some of these, so thanks for sparing me the awkwardness - they really should produce more illustrated screenplays...

Messlab said...

Hey LOWERY!

Phil Langone said...

Hi Dave,

How do you keep your drawing wrist and arm intact after all the years you have been doing boards? I'm on "Family Guy" and haven't had a problem after all these years in animation, but now I'm transitioning to live action boards and I find that my hand gets really tight. Each morning it's taking my hand a few minutes to loosen up. Would you have any suggestions? I don't know if it's the way I'm drawing or the tools I'm using. Lately, I've been using woodless pencils and mechanicals for small faces, but sometimes I use a Cintiq. Thanks.
By the way...I love your drawings.

robot cat said...

jeff hilbers is very
impressed and momentarily
entertained...
Hopefully this blog will be continually edited and enchanced for my personal amusement....
I think the profanity works...use more of it!

jef